The shortlist for the Alan Paton Award for non-fiction has been announced!
The winner, who will receive R100,000, will be announced on Saturday, June 24.
From Books LIVE:
The shortlist for the 2017 Alan Paton Award reflects a diverse range of subjects and historical eras: from human origins to the Marikana of just three years ago, from Cape Town today to wartime Berlin. “These are books that raise critical questions about our past, present and future,” says chairperson Pippa Green. “The big question being asked is who are we?”
The Alan Paton Award is part of the Sunday Times Literary Awards, the other award being the Barry Ronge Fiction Prize – see the shortlist for that award here!
2017 Alan Paton Award shortlist
- Under Nelson Mandela Boulevard: Life Among the Stowaways, Sean Christie (Jonathan Ball Publishers)
- Darwin’s Hunch: Science, Race, and the Search for Human Origins, Christa Kuljian (Jacana Media)
- Murder at Small Koppie: The Real Story of the Marikana Massacre, Greg Marinovich
- My Own Liberator: A Memoir, Dikgang Moseneke (Picador Africa)
- Letters of Stone: From Nazi Germany to South Africa, Steven Robins (Penguin Books)
Click on the link above for more.
Tags Alan Paton Award Awards Christa Kuljian Darwin’s Hunch Dikgang Moseneke Greg Marinovich Jacana Media Jonathan Ball Publishers Letters of Stone Murder at Small Koppie My Own Liberator Pan Macmillan SA Penguin Random House SA Picador Africa Sean Christie Steven Robins Sunday Times Literary Awards Under Nelson Mandela Boulevard