Seeding the Great Divide – don’t miss a free land reform and food security webinar with Wandile Sihlobo and Richard Poplak
More about the book!
The Daily Maverick’s Richard Poplak and Wandile Sihlobo, chief economist of the Agricultural Business Chamber of South Africa, dig into inflammatory issues of land reform and food security in South Africa.
Sihlobo is chief economist of the Agricultural Business Chamber of South Africa (Agbiz) and a member of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s Economic Advisory Council as well as the Advisory Panel on Land Reform and Agriculture.
Sihlobo’s new book Finding Common Ground is out now from Pan Macmillan.
Together Poplak and Sihlobo will discuss:
- What has happened to the ‘land question’ in this time of unprecedented crisis?
- What is the the role of agriculture and land reform in post-Covid South Africa
- What does food security even mean when we’re experiencing a season of bumper crops, but a third of the country is going to bed hungry?
- What is the role of agriculture in post-Covid SA
- What does land reform look like in post-Covid SA? How will policies change?
Date: Friday 15 May 2020
Time: 12:00–13:00 CAT
Register for the Webinar here
Categories Non-fiction South Africa
Tags Book events Daily Maverick Finding Common Ground Pan Macmillan SA Richard Poplak Wandile Sihlobo