New book alert! Veld Birds of Southern Africa: The Complete Photographic Guide (PLUS: Win a pair of binos!)
More about the book!
Veld Birds of Southern Africa: The Complete Photographic Guide is out now from Sunbird Publishers.
Veld Birds of Southern Africa incorporates the latest photographs of, and research and atlas information on, all species of birds recorded in southern Africa to date.
This comprehensive field guide contains almost 2,000 beautiful colour photographs, as well as:
- the latest information on all 991 bird species in southern Africa
- concise entries focusing on identification, behaviour, possible confusion and habitat, along with differences in sex, age, colour morphs and subspecies
- at-a-glance information on each species’ size, food, status and sociality
- brand-new, colour-coded distribution maps reflecting each bird’s status and abundance
- full-length and quick indexes
- an app providing bird calls and additional photographs of plumage variations.
An essential companion, whether you’re out in the field or on the couch at home.
Make sure to enter this amazing competition:
About the authors
Burger Cillié is a prize-winning wildlife photographer with more than 30 years’ experience. The author and co-author of more than 15 books, he regularly lectures on southern African birds and wildlife.
Niel Cillié is a widely published wildlife and bird photographer. He is a graphic designer and author at Game Parks Publishing with a special interest in raptors.
Phil Penlington is an experienced birder and bird photographer, the co-founder of birdpics.co.za and an active participant in BioChat.
Trevor Hardaker is one of SA’s most experienced birders. He is the chairman of the BLSA National Rarities Committee and owns and runs the Southern African Rare Bird News email alert service.
Karin Wiesler is an avid birder and bird photographer with a degree in Environmental Management and a qualification from the Field Guides Association of Southern Africa.