Professor Wole Soyinka joined the University of Johannesburg as a Distinguished Visiting Professor in the University’s Faculty of Humanities this year.
Soyinka, the first African recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature, delivered his inaugural lecture titled ‘Long Walk to Mandeland: First the Good News’ at the end of September.
The lecture is the first in a series of three.
Watch the address here:
- Footnotes, June 2022: Book links from around the web
- Read an excerpt from Emily Henry’s hilarious new enemies-to-lovers rom-com Book Lovers
- Cover reveal! Find out more about In Our Own Words: Nurses on the Front Line, out in July 2022
- [Video] ‘Moet jy ’n passie hê om welvaart te skep?’ Kyk na die eerste episode van Welvaartskeppers op kykNET, kanaal 144!
- Don’t miss Bulelani Ngcuka in discussion with Barney Pityana at the launch of The Sting in the Tale in Gqeberha (24 Jun)