Shortlists announced for the University of Johannesburg Prizes for South African Writing
The shortlists for the 2017 University of Johannesburg Prizes for South African Writing in English have been announced.
Approximately sixty works were submitted this year, from which the following books have been selected for the shortlists:
- Dancing the Death Drill by Fred Khumalo
- Bird-Monk Seding by Lesego Rampolokeng
- New Times by Rehana Rossouw
- The Inside-Out Man by Fred Strydom
- Grace by Barbara Boswell
- Killing Karoline by Sara-Jayne King
The UJ Main Prize comes with prize money of R75,000, the Debut Prize with R30,000.