Gerald Kraak anthology As You Like It selected as finalist for Lambda Literary LGBTQ Anthology Award
More about the book!
Jacana Media is delighted to announce that As You Like It has been selected as a finalist in the Lambda Literary Awards, in the LGBTQ Anthology category.
The second offering in the Gerald Kraak annual anthology, As You Like It is a collection of the shortlisted entries submitted for the Gerald Kraak Award.
This anthology offers a window into deeply located visions and voices across Africa. It brings together stories of self-expression, identity, sexuality and agency, all located within Africa and its legacy.
The United States-based Lambda Literary Awards (known as ‘the Lammys’) have been running for over 30 years, and honour the best lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender books in 24 categories.
LGBTQ Anthology Award finalists
- As You Like It: The Gerald Kraak Anthology Volume II, The Other Foundation, Jacana Media
- Beyond II: The Queer Post-Apocalyptic and Urban Fantasy Comic Anthology, Taneka Stotts and Sfé R Monster, Beyond Press
- Foglifter Volume 3, Issue 1, Miah Jefra, Chad Koch, et al., Foglifter Press
- Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture, Roxane Gay, HarperCollins/Harper Perennial
- Q2Q: Queer Canadian Performance Texts, Peter Dickinson, CE Gatchalian, Kathleen Oliver, Dalbir Singh, Playwrights Canada Press
- Sista! An Anthology of Writing By and About Same Gender Loving Women of African/Caribbean Descent with a UK Connection, Phyll Opoku-Gyimah, Rikki Beadle-Blair, John R Gordon, Team Angelica Publishing
- Spawning Generations: Rants and Reflections on Growing Up with LGBTQ Parents, Sadie Epstein-Fine and Makeda Zook, Demeter Press
- Written on the Body: Letters from Trans and Non-Binary Survivors of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence, Lexie Bean, Jessica Kingsley Publishers