Framed with insightful commentary and context, Wandile Sihlobo’s new book Finding Common Ground will be published by Pan Macmillan in April.
The book is a well-rounded, accessible view of agriculture in South Africa.
‘My hope is that people can grow to appreciate this sector – its challenges and opportunities, but most importantly, the role agriculture can play in improving South Africa’s economy,’ Wandile Sihlobo says.
Finding Common Ground covers the broad themes that have marked current discussions and outlines the challenges and opportunities faced by South Africa’s agricultural sector, including:
- The contentious and complex issue of land reform;
- The potential for new leadership to revive the sector;
- How agriculture can drive development and job creation
- Cannabis as an exportable commodity;
- The urgent need for agricultural policy to address gender equity and youth involvement;
- Technological developments and megatrends that are underpinning agricultural development;
- The importance of trade in growing South Africa’s agriculture; and
- Key lessons that South Africa and other African countries can learn from one another.
Ultimately, Sihlobo is optimistic about the future of South Africa’s agricultural sector and shows us all – from policymakers to the general public – how much common ground we truly have.
Watch the book trailer here:
"My hope is that people can grow to appreciate this sector – its challenges and opportunities, but most importantly, the role agriculture can play in improving South Africa’s economy…" – Wandile SihloboFramed with insightful commentary and context, be the first to read #FindingCommonGround – pre-order your copy today! http://bit.ly/2VXLsW8
Posted by Pan Macmillan South Africa on Thursday, March 19, 2020