Don’t miss the launch of Slikour: The Life Story of a Hip-Hop Pioneer at Exclusive Books Rosebank (18 May)
More about the book!
Penguin Random House invite you to the launch of Slikour: The Life Story of a Hip-Hop Pioneer by Siya Metane!
Siya ‘Slikour’ Metane is a musician and entrepreneur best known as one of the founding members of the record-breaking hip-hop group Skwatta Kamp.
Told with signature humour, this memoir gives readers an all-access pass to the moments and the music that made the man, detailing the courage it took to overcome his self-doubt and to mould himself into a media maverick.
From small beginnings in the East Rand to gaining mainstream recognition and going solo, celebrity dating and breaking up the band, hitting rock bottom and rising up to make it as a digital media pioneer, Slikour takes us through the highs and lows of his journey to becoming a force to be reckoned with. He unpacks the energy that connected the dots that propelled the success of everyone he came into contact with.
Metane will be in conversation with rapper, actor and entrepreneur Lebo ‘Shugasmakx’ Mothibe at the launch.
Date: Thursday 18 May 2023
Venue: Exclusive Books Rosebank Mall, Johannesburg
Categories Non-fiction South Africa
Tags Book events Book launches Exclusive Books Johannesburg Lebo Mothibe Music Penguin Random House SA Siya Metane Slikour
- Five minutes with Eben Venter on his new novel Decima
- Don’t miss the launch of Justice Malala’s new book The Plot to Save South Africa: Chris Hani’s Murder and the Week Nelson Mandela Averted Civil War at Love Books (2 Jun)
- Dearest MaRiky: A Mother’s Journey through Grief, Trauma and Healing – Louisa Zondo heals through life and death
- Footnotes, May 2023: Book links from around the web
- ‘Onwards is more than just a cookbook: it tells the story of my journey since closing The Kitchen, and having to redefine my life without it.’