2019 Man Booker International Prize shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2019 Man Booker International Prize, celebrating the ‘finest works of translated fiction from around the world’, has been announced.
The six novels on the shortlist represent an all-female list of translators alongside five female authors.
For the Man Booker International, authors are honoured along with their translators, and share £50,000 prize money between them. Each shortlisted author and translator also receives £1,000.
2019 Man Booker International Prize shortlist
- Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi (Oman), translated from Arabic by Marilyn Booth (Sandstone Press)
- The Years by Annie Ernaux (France), translated by Alison Strayer (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- The Pine Islands by Marion Poschmann (Germany), translated by Jen Calleja (Serpent’s Tail)
- Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk (Poland), translated by Antonia Lloyd-Jones (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- The Shape of the Ruins by Juan Gabriel Vásquez (Colombia), translated from Spanish by Anne McLean (MacLehose Press)
- The Remainder by Alia Trabucco Zerán (Chile and Italy), translated from Spanish by Sophie Hughes (And Other Stories)