Entertain and educate children during the school closures with Science, Scribbles and Stories – videos presented by Konnie Huq
A series of videos to help occupy children during school closures, Science, Scribbles and Stories, will be hosted by ex-Blue Peter presenter Konnie Huq.
Each episode will cover topics to entertain young ones whilst educating them in a stealth-like fashion!
Topics will include everything from storytelling, writing and illustration to science, craft and much, much more.
Videos will be released three times a week – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:00 via the YouTube channel KonnieYoutube.
Watch the first video here, featuring a snippet from Konnie’s first children’s book, Cookie and the Most Annoying Boy in the World:
The channel features reading and writing activities, STEM learning, and arts and crafts, is sure to be always educational and entertaining.
Commenting on the project Konnie said,
‘Working from home and home-schooling the kids, while completing domestic chores and feeding everyone? Seriously? Parents out there, we want to help! These videos aim to be entertaining for you and your littluns. Over the coming weeks we will be covering all of the major primary school subjects, doing drawalongs, readings and quizzes to help keep your kids busy and keep parents sane!’
Konnie Huq is a children’s author and ex-children’s TV presenter best known for being the longest serving member of the Blue Peter team (from 1997 to 2008).
Konnie is a huge advocate for encouraging children to engage with science. Her Cookie series is inspired by Konnie’s own London Bangladeshi background, her love of science and her unashamed nerdiness.
Konnie grew up in Ealing, where she now lives with her husband and two children.
- Johannesburg City: The Last Dawn
- Calling all book loving families! Apply to join the JBP Kids Book Club and receive free books every month
- Join Penny Haw for the launch of her new novel The Invincible Miss Cust in Cape Town (8 Feb)
- ‘The impulse to write often strikes when I’m observing someone else’ – Ayobami Adebayo chats about her new novel A Spell of Good Things
- ‘Ian is ’n liefdevolle pa’ … net jammer hy het twee families: Lees ’n uittreksel uit Uit die donker deur Santie van der Merwe