Don’t miss the Kalk Bay launch of Messages from the Bees by Robin Winckel-Mellish
More about the book!
Kalk Bay Books and Modjaji Books are delighted to invite you to the launch of Robin Winckel-Mellish’s second collection of poems Messages from the Bees. Christine Coates will introduce Robin, who will also read from her collection.
Date: Wednesday, 21 February 2018
Venue: Kalk Bay Books, 124 Main Rd, Kalk Bay, Cape Town
“These achingly gentle poems, which explore the territories of love, loss, grief and beauty, will enlarge your understanding of both the natural world and the human condition. Savour them.”
“Tender, strong, mysterious, bringing creatures and landscapes to vivid life, not afraid to dive deep into painful and intimate human dilemmas.”
Description of the book:
In this second collection Messages from the Bees Robin Winckel-Mellish shows the same qualities as A Lioness at my Heels, but this time runs deeper, darker and stronger. She delves not only into the riotous colours of southern Africa: birds, bees and caracals, but also climate change, while different kinds of love are pinpointed. Her poems of loss and grief are candid and even sensuous, showing the beauty of simplicity in bleakness. Both delicate and reflective these poems honour the wild while retaining a deeply-felt sense of connection with all that is relevant to our lives.
About the author:
South African-born Robin Winckel-Mellish works as a freelance journalist and has lived in the Netherlands for many years. Her first poetry collection, A Lioness at my Heels, was published in 2011. Her poems have appeared in various South African and International journals and anthologies. She runs a poetry critique group in Amsterdam and spends as much time as possible in South Africa.
- Grow your own superfoods with Jane’s Delicious Superfoods for Super Health
- Lees ‘n uittreksel: Die onderwêreld is in rep en roer in Peet Venter se jongste misdaadroman, Een vir een
- First look! Find out more about Zakes Mda’s new novel Wayfarers’ Hymns
- Luister! Renaldo Schwarp gesels oor Skeef en die plaaslike gay-ervaring op The Scenic Drive with Rian
- Lus vir braai? Probeer Mynie Steffens se resepte vir Garnale in Brandewynmarinade en Soetrissies met Kekerertjievulsel